Saturday, April 25, 2009

SA bits 4 - TELKOM SA macam sial...


We applied for an internet connection during the first week of our stay. As of today, it still hasn't been connected yet. Talk about inefficiency. I've just called in to their customer complaint this morning, again. I've decided that if they don't fix it by end of April, I'm terminating it and will proceed with another ISP.

Most communication services here (fixed line, cellular, internet) are packaged with a 24 month contract. I opted to go without the monthly installment and bought the modem separately elsewhere. Hopefully, I can re-use this modem with the other ISP option. We're also suppose to sign up for a new Vodacom cellular number. Apparently, our management would prefer us to subscribe to Vodacom instead of any other cellular operator. Vodacom call charges are higher compared to the other operators though, I guess I'll just have be more hardworking in claiming business calls with my employers then. After all, we are supporting them as vendors.

In the mean time, I'll continue coming to the office for internet. The setback is that most websites are blocked by the server, even webcam sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment