Friday, February 19, 2010

SA bits 43 - Gong Hei Fatt Choy, from about 8600kms away...

Gong Hei Fatt Choy, Happy Chinese New Year to everyone at home.

Things are very hectic here, work wise.

Had a small dinner with my housemate and am trying to perfect this dish I like so much, fried pork with wood fungus stew. First attempt was ok, now I'm trying it again since I consulted Mommee for detailed instructions :P

The pork, about 600gms of it

The lam yue (fermented red bean curd), flour mix and egg

The marinated stuff, added a table spoon of soy sauce, a pinch of salt and ajinomoto plus a dash of Jameson whisky. I'm no drunk, I was told it'll actually make the pork more fragrant :P

And so I'll leave this marinating over night and fry it first thing in the morning. Hope it'll come out just like how I usually eat back at home. hhhmmm... I can taste it already hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment