Saturday, June 13, 2009

SA bits 22 - Old bottles for sale?

I was doing some grocery shopping when I came across the wine section.

I wondered if it was really necessary to stack the bottles out of the box at that kind of height. Could any customer possibly reach anything above the 6th tier of the rack without any elevation machinery? This reminded me of an old movie with a famous theme song about old bottles for sale..or something like that..

Anyway, South Africa ranks #8 when compared to other countries of the world as wine producers. There are many vineyards located in the Western Cape of this country. I read somewhere that this is because of good weather condition and geographical reasons for the high number of wine making establishments in that region. I will definitely make a plan in future to visit this region, as they also emphasized on the scenic beauty in the winelands. It should be more majestic than that rack of bottles :P

No comments:

Post a Comment