Sunday, October 25, 2009

SA bits 31 - Joburg Lion Park

Going to the lion park is like a teaser to a full-blown game drive. This is actually my third visit, and I can still remember my first about 2 years back. The size of the lions are very intimidating when seen in real life, and like I said this is only a teaser. It was definitely more exciting back then. Now I know what to expect, but what made it even more disappointing was there were fewer lions than before. Not to mention they were all having an afternoon nap! (-_-) anyway .......

Akash & family came to visit from Durban.
We saw a bit of Zebras...


.. a few Kudus...

....and the Springboks. Personally, I think they taste horrible (like deer meat). They are sold in selected restaurants. That was my first and also my last time of chowing down Bambi's cousin.



Spot the Cheetah.

Like I said, most of the cats were napping.


There's a separate section in the park's reception area, where you can pet lion cubs. This particular one was about 4 months old.

I still remember the last time I tried to do it, cheeky bugger wanted to taste my knee :P

She looks lost and confused...


And the softer side of these "wild" animals?

No comments:

Post a Comment