Sunday, May 17, 2009

SA bits 13 (Non halal post) - Char Siew Pau & Hakka stew

It's not even close to what we have in KL. Luckily we didn't buy the mini pork dumplings, it would have been such a disappointment. ANYWAY, beggars can't be choosers.

Combination of roast pork,red bean and white lotus pau.

Bedal je la labu.... pun boleh...

Washed down with teh tarik. Good thing about having colleagues who've just returned from KL are lots of KL goodies. Thanks Akash and family, sharing is caring :P hahahah

I also found 2 very important ingredients used to make the hakka stew and immediately bought them for my next cookout.


I think it's called red bean curd, I could be wrong. Heck I don't even know what I'm putting in my mouth!!!

And black fungus. I was told that they have really good properties of preventing a blocked artery from consuming too much fatty pork. I don't suggest it as a remedy for any kinds of blocked artery problems i.e high blood pressure or high cholesterol, so please don't substitute with whatever your doctor has prescribed hahaah
Of course, there is that all important 5 aroma spice powder, but I threw the pack away and stored it in our spice box.
Left the pork to marinate overnight, and deep fried it the next day. Came out rather... overfried.. :P

Close up..

Did everything as per my recollection, and it came like this

Had it for lunch and tastes ok in my opinion, definitely not as good as the ones I had at home made by my parents/aunties.. whack only la... I should go easy on that red bean curd thinggy next time... my housemate is complaining that the smell is too pungent, hahahahah....

No comments:

Post a Comment